Terms and Conditions
Delivery (relevant to public customers)
Trading terms & conditions - specifically outlined for account holders - are listed below.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all text and photographs published on this website. Prior permission must be obtained for reuse. Only approved accounts are authorised to sell on third party websites such as Amazon & eBay.
1. General: All quotations are made and orders accepted and executed on the understanding that the Purchaser is bound by the Conditions of Sale.
2. Guarantee: Supplied products will generally withstand up to years of normal use. Please note that we are only liable to replace the item, and under no circumstances can we accept liability for damages and out of pocket expenses of any kind arising from use of the products.
3. Prices: All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT. Whilst every endeavour will be made to invoice goods at the prices quoted and/or ackowledged, the Company reserves the right to invoice at prices ruling at the time of dispatch. Split packs are not permitted unless specifically in accordance with our Fair Use Policy when 'Ordering a sample' or where a prior agreement is in place and agreed in writing. A surcharge may be applied of up to 30%.
4. Terms: Payment terms on account are strictly 30 days End of Month. Interest may be charged on overdue accounts in accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. On any invoice where there is a query, we require written notification within 5 working days of the invoice date to allow us to resolve; same to allow payment to terms. Payment within terms must be made less the amount under query for which we would accept a debit note. Any invoice that is only queried on or near to due date will jeopardise future supply. Where a new account is opened, two trade references are required. Goods are uniquely identifiable and title to goods shall not pass to you until payment has been made of the full contract price and in case of non-payment, we shall be entitled to repossess or trace the goods or the proceeds of sale in your hands or in the hands of any liquidator or receiver. Part-payment on account does not transfer ownership. The Company shall have the right to discontinue delivery and the discretion to determine any contract, if the customer defaults in payment.
5. Despatch: Any times quoted for despatch and delivery are given and intended as estimates only and the Company shall not be liable for any loss for failure to deliver or despatch within these times; likewise for any failing on the part of our carriers. Failure to provide accurate, clearly defined address information will render all quoted despatch times null and void.
6. Direct delivery: Direct to site upon written request only and all orders despatched direct to a third party will be solely the Customer's responsibility once the order has been dispatched from the warehouse. We accept no liability for any alleged non-delivery and it is the Customer's responsibility to make sure that the delivery is received and to deal with any issues that arise. The Company is not be able to issue any credits or replacements for this type of request as our agreement is between the Customer and the Company, not the third party. We will only proceed with these types of requests for time-sensitive projects.
7. Packing, Handling and Delivery Charges (UK Mainland Only exc. Highlands): Free for orders over £300.00 (net value excluding tax) unless otherwise superceded by a higher agreed threshold. If timed or any other urgent delivery is requested by the Customer, the cost will be charged in full, regardless of order value (POA). A 10% handling and carriage charge applies to all orders less than £300.00. There is a minimum order charge of £10 (net ex. tax).
8. Packing, Handling and Delivery Charges for "Over Water" (Islands and including Highlands postcodes) and Northern Ireland/Republic of Ireland: Additional to UK Mainland conditions, the minimum order value is £500 (net value ex. tax). In some circumstances, an agreed flat-rate of £40 or £60 can be levied and is agreed in writing for orders not meeting £500. All backorders are held until the threshold is met again.
9. Loss or Damage in Transit: Goods should be checked on receipt and if cartons or external packaging shows signs of damage, they should be signed and accepted as being 'received damaged' with the courier. Claims for shortages or damaged in transit items should be notified in writing to oureselves within three days of receipt and in the case of non-delivery, within ten days of the date of invoice. Regrettably, notifications made outside of this period may not be accepted due to restrictions placed on us by our carrier insurance.
10. Cancellations and Returns: The written consent of the Company must be obtained before any cancellation of any order is accepted. The Company reserves the right to charge for costs involved in accepting the cancellation. Goods may not be returned without the Company's written consent and a copy of our Goods Returned Note. Where permission for return of goods is given, a handling charge may apply. Goods should be returned carriage-paid to our warehouse in good resalable condition with original packaging. Should goods be received in non-resalable condition, there will be no entitlement to credit. Goods returned as faulty are subject to inspection and/or testing before entitlement to credit. If found to be in full working order or with no fault, the customer will be given 7 days notice to collect their property, after which goods will be disposed of and there is no credit entitlement.